Google

Monday, February 20, 2006

Book Review and More

I had off today for Presidents' Day. You would think that I would then remember that the Post Office is closed. Nooooo.... I had to get some .02 stamps. Apparently, they raised the price a while back and now I can't mail a letter. Does that tell you how long it has been since I mailed anything?? I use internet bill pay thru my bank's website so I never have to mail a bill. I think the last thing I mailed was Christmas cards well over 2 months ago.

I just finished reading a rather good book. A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park. It is considered juvenile fiction but is appropriate for all ages. A really nice story that takes place in a twelfth century Korean village. Tree-Ear is a 12 year old orphan who lives under a bridge with Crane-man who is a cripple. I would recommend checking this one out from your local library. My am now reading Bob Dole's autobiography. So far it is a good read. I will review it once I am finished.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Be granted the answers to any three questions

----OR----

be granted the ability to resurrect one person?

Wow! This is a hard one. I think of all the people who would be an awesome treat to bring back to life. Some that popped into my head were Jesus, Martin Luther King Jr, Albert Einstein, Da Vinci. But knowing the answers to some of life's greatest mysteries would also be cool. Which came first? the chicken or the egg? Do aliens really exist? I think in the long run, I have to go with bringing back someone.

3 comments:

cosmopolgirl said...

That is a hard one but I think I'd like to bring someone back but it would be nice to know some unanswered questions. Very philosophical for me just waking up!

Erik said...

I think the three questions would be the way to go. One of the questions could be "How do you ressurect someone?" and then you'd have 2 other questions as well.

Blonde said...

I would resurect one person, my dad. That would be all I ever need and live happily forever.