Google

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Being Sick Sucks

I can't shake this stupid cold!! It is pissing me off. Royally. I have not gotten a good nite sleep in almost a week. Now it is settling in my chest and I keep coughing and hacking up crud from my lungs. When I lay down to sleep, it backs up into my nose and I can't breathe. Cough or breath... tough choice. I broke down today and bought some cold medicine. I hate taking anything other than aspirin. My body does not play well with anything that may have a sleep aid in it. The last time I took some Tylenol PM, I scared the poop outta hubby when I woke up screaming with night terrors.

Something I have seen quite a bit over the last few days is people doing u-turns in a controlled intersection. What is it about the no U-turn sign on the pole that people can't see?? The one guy today almost got broadsided by a car going the opposite direction. That would have taught him a lesson.

This week we got our performance reviews at work. At the same time, my teammates and I found out that if you were rated a 3 or below (the scale is 1 being the highest, 5 the lowest, with 3 being competent) you did not get a raise or a bonus. WTF?!?! Luckily, for me I was a high 2 and got a nice raise but my bonus was less than half of what it was last year. That sucked!! I know that 2 people on my team did not get anything this year. The one guy I work with here was more than a bit pissed. He worked on a big project this past year that saved the company over $300,000/year... and that is the thanks he gets. I have the feeling that he will be leaving as soon as he finds another job. I can't blame him. I would do the same thing if that were me. My boss, who I really like, was also pissed when she found out that it was her bosses boss who made the raise and bonus payout decisions. What really sucks is that we reported to him from late August until November of last year and barely met him. And he is supposed to now what kind of job I did throughout the year?? Not very fair.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Have your thumb and first finger glued together for life in the 'OK' sign

----OR----

be forced to say 'thank you' before every sentence??

I am going with saying thank you. People would then think that I was raised right and am very polite. Even if I am just saying F#$K you!!

1 comment:

WhisKeYGyrL said...

AWWW Jo hope you feel better soon!! I have been dealing with my sinus infections for four months now... Having surgery on monday... Yaaaay (in a sarcastic tone)..