Google

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Workin' for a Livin'

So in the week since my current boss, S, announced that he is leaving, he has been useless. Twice, in the past week, he has screwed something up that leaves me to pick up the pieces.

First was a major change to how departments are categorized. We went thru and renamed almost everything to keep the naming standards consistent. I had put together a proposal and timeline of what we were going to do and how. I even wrote the email that he just needed to proof read and send out. Did he send it out?? nooooo. I asked him about it twice and the second time he said that he had sent it and had gotten no feedback and that I could go ahead and begin making changes. Which I did. Last Friday, I find out that no one reviewed anything and never signed off on it. I told them that as far as I knew, that he had sent it out and told me it was ok to go ahead with my plan. If they had issues with it they should take that up with my boss, S.

Then last Thursday, we have a weekly enterprise review meeting of all the changes that are going on in the company. I had a couple of changes to talk about and one that I had asked my boss about twice that was being made by our vendor. He said both times that I did not need to talk about it that it was almost no impact and he would let the help desk know about it. In case they got any calls. Well, 10:30 am on Saturday morning, hubby and I are out doing errands and lo and behold, my pager goes off. The change that he thought no one would notice was noticed. Our app was down for about 30 minutes in the morning and about another 20 minutes in the afternoon. On top of that he never told the help desk about it.

Now our old boss, would have told everyone about the change. Which was good. New boss, tells no one. When I first joined this group about 2 years ago, it was known as a black hole. You would send stuff in and never hear from them again. Communication was non-existent. We have worked very hard over the last couple of years to change that. S will ruin that reputation in a mere 6 weeks that he was with the team. That pisses me off. I am seriously beginning to think about looking for another job... anyone know of any openings for a self-proclaimed computer geek??

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Cut 1/4 acre of grass with your teeth

----OR----

lick up a 15 by 15 foot rain puddle?

I am going with the grass. Grass is good for you... lots of roughage.

No comments: