Google

Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Weekend in Review

Another weekend has just flown by.

Friday, hubby played poker. I stayed home as I had some work stuff to do. I hate this shit of being on call and expected to be available 24x7. I was up until after 3 waiting for people to call back with verification of stuff. Totally screwed up my sleep. At least I took a nap. I also got some laundry and cleaning done around the house.

Saturday, dawned cold and rainy.... just like every other day for the past week. Can you tell I am getting sick of this weather??

Yesterday was National Testing day for Mensa. Since the testing was at the library about 5 minutes from my house, I decided to go take the test and see what happens. I was surprised that there was 12 people who were taking the test. 4 women and 8 men. The proctor was also surprised by the high turnout. He only expected 4-5 people. The tests were ok. I took the California Test of Mental Maturity and the Wonderlic test. I have taken both of them before and felt comfortable with them. I had taken the Wonderlic as recently as 5 years ago and did very well on it. I need to score in the top 2% of the general population on either test in order to be invited to join Mensa. I will not get my actual test scores but an accepted or not accepted. I will keep you updated on my results.

Here is a fact that many of you probably didn't know about me. I skipped 3rd grade. The school wanted me to skip 5th grade as well but I was already the youngest in my class so my parents said no to that one. I was also reading Nancy Drew books before I started kindergarten. The real books not the short story ones. To this day, I love to read.

At night, hubby and I took my nieces to the Bucks game. We had a blast. They had never been to a game before and liked it that they could yell and scream and cheer. The highlite of the evening was when they were 'dancing' and got to be on the jumbo screen.

We were supposed to go to a bonfire after the game but neither one of us felt like standing around a fire in the rain.

Today was a lay low kinda day. It finally stopped raining and the sun came out (yippee!). I made a big pot of chili and we watched the Packers actually win a game. I am still trying to figure out the last plays before half time.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Eat a cup of uncooked popcorn

----OR----

a cup of uncooked spaghetti?

I am going with the spaghetti. The popcorn could hurt your teeth.

Have a good week everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering that unlike you..I was stupid as a child..I ate most of the uncooked pasta of those art and crafts things we made in preschool and kindergarten...

I am going with the cup of uncooked spaghetti

Blonde said...

I love eating uncooked pasta.

I was a big reader as a child too. I am fascinated that you took those tests. I never have and would love to. How did you find out about the local testing? Let me know. I want to take them too. It will probably come back saying that I am borderline retarded but I still want to!

Scott said...

Definately the spaghetti... i actually kind of like it.

Good luck on the Mensa stuff.

Scott

Dizzie said...

aI'd go with the spaghetti as well, although I've heard creapy things about eating raw flour...

Bet you did great on the Mensa test! I've never taken a real IQ-test (because I really hate failure), but according to the one on emode.com, I rank in the top 2% of the population... but what does emode know? :)

Hey Jo said...

Blonde... check out us.mensa.org... they have a place that shows when the next testing days are or you can submit a score for a test that you have already taken. Not sure where you would go to take them tho'... let me know if you do take them.