Google

Sunday, October 08, 2006

We Survived

The Beer ride was a smashing success. We had lots of fun. My ass is sore today tho. I was a bit upset that I still had to walk those two big fucking hills again but I did make it up the third hill! That is a victory. I also had an issue with my bike where I could not get it to shift into my little ring. That would have really helped me get up those hills. I was going to have the sag support look at it but figured I would take it back to Wheel and have them look at it. I can do that on Tuesday. Or if I feel like it maybe ride it out there tomorrow.

We started out the morning by getting caught in some nasty traffic not once but twice. The bypass was at almost a complete stop. So we go off the freeway and took side streets to get on out in Brookfield. The we drive about 10 minutes and come upon another accident. This one was like 6 cars all heading to Madison for the Badger game. Ruined the day for them.

So by time we got out there it was after 10. We got ready quickly and headed out by about 10:30ish or so. Made it to the first rest stop at the Trek factory in about 45 minutes. It was cool to go thru the showroom area and see the bike that Lance used to win the Tour de France with. Those bikes are sweet. It was kinda amusing to see the time trial bike that Greg LeMond used and see that they used cardboard in the back wheel to make it more aerodynamic. I would have thought it would be a bit stronger more durable material than cardboard.

It was at that point that K and C split off for the 66 mile route and P and I went the route for 25 miles. It was a nice ride until we got to those fucking hills. I swear that some day I am going to drive out there and ride up and down those hills for practice.

P and I got back to the brewery about 1pm. We did the ride in 1:52. That was just riding time It didn't count in the 40 minutes we used at the rest stops. Not too shabby. I met up with a guy from work who rode the 42 mile route and we ate, drank and listened to music. K and C got back about 4:30. They brought with them their new friend, Joe. He was a nice guy from IL that was riding alone and he hung out with us for awhile. We drank, talked and listened to music. C was a riot. You all think I talk alot when I get drunk. Wait till C gets going. Puts me to shame!

I left my camera in P's truck so will have to retrieve that before I can get some pictures posted. One of them is how to get rid of the hiccups. It worked too!

All in all it was a great day with great friends. The weather was beautiful, the food good and the company even better. If anyone is interested the date for next year's ride is Oct 6th. Hope to see you there.

2 comments:

AletaR said...

What happened to your hubbie? Did he not ride? Waited for your drunken phone call but it never came. Glad to hear you had a good time

J. Gambino said...

Yeah, no mention of your husband. Is he still on the ride? You should go get him.