Google

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Demolition Phase 1

Bathroom demolition is under way. My dad ripped out the old medicine cabinet on Friday and temporarily hung a light on the way for me to be able to see. What a difference that made. I went from 30 watts to 75 in short order. I can now see if the shower and can see the spots that I missed shaving on my legs.

Here is where the old medicine cabinet was. I had the mirrored doors from the old one in there so I could see when getting ready for the day.











Here is the rest of the vanity and toilet. Notice the lovely yellow color and ugly floor tiles. Gotta love 1958 decorator colors.












Saturday was spent running errands.... after shoveling almost 5 inches of fluffy snow. Gotta love living only 3 blocks from the lake. I had to pick out paint for the walls, a register cover, and a vanity top/sink. It took me almost 6 hours but I can say that I am done buying stuff. Or at least I hope so.

I was supposed to go play poker at a friend from work's house on Saturday nite but by time I got home I was tired and wanted nothing more than to lay on the couch and spend some snuggle time with the boys. I am bummed that I missed the first week of the poker series tho. He is running a home tourney that will run for like 10 weeks. It will pay off the top 3 spots each week and you get points based on your finish each week. After 10 weeks the top 10 will play off with the top 3 taking home cash and the winner getting a buy in to a Potawatomi tourney. Not too bad of a deal. I will have to wait to see how the person who sat in for me on Saturday did. I am really looking forward to playing in live games more often. M is a good shit and hilarious when he gets drunk.

My dad came over today and put the medicine cabinet and the new light fixture in. I have even more wonderful light in the bathroom. He had to patch the drywall and got the first coat of mud on. My job is to do the rest over the next few days. I started sanding the door frames down. Who was the crazy person who thought it would be a good idea to have metal door jambs. That explains why everything is painted.














I did take the new vanity and vanity top out of the box and set them up in the spare room. I set the faucet on top and it looks so cool. All nice and shiny and clean.I can't wait to see the completed room. It will be nice to have one room done in the house

Zobmondo!!

Would you rather....

Be held in high esteem by one and only one person who you truly respect

OR----

by 10,000 people that you don't respect?

I have to go with the one and only person that I respect.

Another busy week coming up . Good thing the weather is supposed to turn around for the good finally. Peace Out!!!

No comments: