Google

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Blow Me

I am stealing the title of today's blog from StB who had a post the other day about Mother Nature can blow him.


I think we (southeastern Wisconsinites) must have done something to piss God off. We get dumped on with snow about 6 weeks ago. It just happened to be on Ash Wednesday. Again on Good Friday, we get another foot of snow. I think this is someone's way of telling us that they do not want us in church as many churches were cancelling their Good Friday services until today. You know it is bad when the catholic church cancels service.

My driveway is about 120 feet long or so. It runs the length of the lot to the back where my garage is. It is hard to snow blow because the driveway sites right between my house the the neighbors. You have to blow the snow forward first and then off to one side. This makes it take twice as long cuz you have to move the snow twice. When I went out yesterday about 3 pm the snow was up past my knees in the backyard. I almost fell face first into the drifts.

This is a picture of my driveway from the top. There is still another 30 feet or so to the street.


I am really lucky that my next door neighbors are two sweet older men. They are brothers. They have been snowblowing my sidewalk and driveway up from the street to the up where the house starts. That makes my job so much easier. I am going to make them some Nana's Apple Cake as a gesture of my appreciation. It took me about an hour to clear the rest of the driveway and a spot for the dogs.
This morning, the brothers were up and at 'em about 6:30. I tried to sleep in but Boomer had other ideas. He thought it was much more fun to sit in the window and bark at the brothers while they were snowblowing. I tried to sleep some more but was up by 7:30ish or so. I got the dogs out and started the task of cleaning off the rest of the driveway. It was easier today that yesterday but the drifts in the backyard are about 3 feet high across the driveway. It took awhile to knock those all down. The sun is out and melting off the rest of the snow nicely.

I may look into getting someone to plow for me next year. Especially if we get the big snows. It is just too hard to find a spot to put the snow between the houses.
I think I may head out to watch the Badger and Marquette games this afternoon. That means that I have to get my butt in gear and get stuff down around here. I really need to go grocery shopping.

1 comment:

The NL Wife said...

One the the many reasons I do not miss living in Wisconsin so much these days . . . I am SOOOO totally over snow.

Now I just have winters with gray skies and rain.

:)