Google

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Demolition Part 2

More bathroom updates and pics.....My dad and I ripped out the old vanity and sink a couple of weekends ago. It was a pain in the ass as the sink was practically cemented down to the freaking walls. It took a few crowbars but it finally broke free.







I primed and painted over the old yellow wall so I did not have to look at that color ever again in my bathroom. We then put the vanity, vanity top and sink and new faucet in. It went in pretty smooth. The hardest part was getting the dumb drain plug thingy in. Pain in the butt trying to line it up in a small space.



Next came the paint on the walls. I picked out a color called "Ocean Sighs". It reminded me of a tropical feeling. We got the medicine cabinet in and called it a day.



Next week, the tile guy (thanks for the great recommendation, A) will be putting in the travertine floor and repairing the tile around the medicine cabinet. My dad will then be putting in the new toilet and we are done. I decided to have the tub reglazed instead of replaced or one of the bathfitter things. That will have to wait a bit as the budget is now almost empty. That and I need to find a plumber who will replace the valve and pipes in the wall behind the shower. They will have to go in thru the hall closet, which is fine, but it is a task that will take several hours to complete and my dad wants nothing to do with it as the pipes and all will need to be replaced from the basement up. This could end up being very pricey. Anyone know a good plumber who is willing to work on the side for cheap??

I still need to get some sort of shower curtain and a window covering. I am thinking of either a white roman shade type of window treatment or maybe a bamboo blinds. Something to keep with the tropical feeling. Any ideas??

My cold is getting much better. A couple of days staying low key and some Nyquil seems to have done the trick. I hope that it is gone for good. This was starting to get ridiculous.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Have to put to sleep five puppies you just got

----OR----

a dog you've had for a year??

I would have to go with the five puppies. I would have less of an emotional attachment to them. After a year, it would be heartbreaking. You all know how much my dogs mean to me.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I love the bathroom color...I would go with some sort of bamboo shade that matches the wood color of the mirror and vanity...As for the shower curtain...get something nice an airy.

I can't wait to see more house pictures.