Google

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was spent camping. We went to Lake Kegonsa state park. It is one of my favorite. I now like it even more because they put in electricity this year. It really came in handy when the temperature got down to the 30's on Friday night. That goodness for a furnace in the camper.

I went by myself this time and it was fun. I drove the camper out there by myself and when we got to the park, A and K stood behind the camper and directed me into the site. I only had to pull forward a couple of times. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I didn't pull a Connie and end up with a tree between the camper and truck either so that was a good thing.

Like I said before Friday nite was COLD!! We had a nice roaring fire and even tho' StB wasn't there to keep it stoked, J did a good job. It was a long day and I was sacked out by 10:30pm. I must have been tired as I slept until almost 9 am on Saturday morning.

On Saturday, P and K drove up for the day. We spent most of the day down by the lake. Played some bocce ball, cooked hot dogs on the grill and had fun trying to kill the bees by drowning them in wine or beer bottles.

K, A and I sat down on the pier for a couple of hours and just talked. That was nice. It really helped to get some things off my chest and they made great sounding boards. Thanks guys :) and when A asks if the boats are going by, just nod your head and smile.

K, P and I also took a walk along the lake to the doggy beach. We met up with Roxy, the pit bull. She was a beautiful brown and tan brindle. Such a nice dog and owner.

On the way home we stopped to sign up for the Komen Milwaukee Race for the Cure. As many of you may know, our friend, Ms. Gambino is a breast cancer survivor. Please go to her page and donate. We have to save her boobs :) We are walking next Sunday. I will try to take some pictures and post them next week.

It's back to reality next week. I was a bit bummed when a job that I had sent my resume in to was turned down. They hired someone with more experience. Oh well. I knew it was a bit above me but hoped that they would give me a chance. Just have to keep looking.

ZOBMONDO??

Would you rather.....

Never look healthy

----OR----

Never feel healthy?

I have to go with never look healthy. Feeling icky sucks.

Have a good week folks.

No comments: