Google

Thursday, September 06, 2007

It Was A Crazy Game of Poker.... Part 2

{Editor's Note - I originally wrote this post about three weeks ago but never published it. I am finishing the story and posting it now. }

A few weeks ago, hubby and I went by a co-worker of his to play poker. There were 9 people and a good time was had by all. It was 3:30am by time we left. By time we got home and went to bed it was after 4:30 am. My ass was dragging on Sunday as my dad called about 9:30 and wanted to stop over. I did get a bit of a nap in but still tired.

I am always interested when we go to people's home and see how they live. Now most of our friends have (and maintain) homes like ours. They keep the place clean and organized and at times it is a bit messy but never what I would call dirty.


I know if we are going to have people over that I will clean the bathroom (among other things). Scrub the toilet, wash the sink, put out fresh towels and make sure there is enough tp and hand soap. I assume that this is how most people are.

Except for the place where we were on Sat. J&M are very nice people... a bit kooky but nice. I was almost afraid to sit on the toilet. The seat had 'splashes' on it (as if someone (male) missed). (They make Lysol bathrooms wipes for this purpose. People show up unexpectedly, you duck into the bathroom, pull one out and wipe down the toilet seat and handle. Another one to wipe the sink and vanity down and drop into the toilet and flush..... ready for guests.) The sink had toothpaste in it and splatters on the mirror. The sink also did not drain very well and there was no hand soap. It was a bit disgusting to me. The rest of the house was kinda the same way. Dirty dishes on the counter, cleaning supplies sitting out on an end table in the living room.


Now I understand that the place is very small and they have alot of stuff that makes it very cluttered but it can still be organized and neat looking. My sister's house is alot like this. Too much stuff and with three kids she doesn't keep it very clean. Although I have to say with the toys recalls of the last couple of weeks she got rid of a TON of stuff. Her garbage people will hate her.


I guess I am wayyyy to anal about things and like to make sure that when I have people over, that the place is clean. If you stopped over at any time the place would be messy, but not to the point that you would be disgusted. I hate having clutter and regularly go thru the house and throw stuff out that we don't use or I no longer like. If it is something decent, I will try to sell on eBay or donate to charity.


What about your house?? What kind of a housekeeper are you??

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Wake up nude and unharmed on a park bench and have no idea how you got there

----OR----

expecting a costume party, dress as a giant banana for a black tie affair and have to stay the whole night?

I would go dressed as the banana. It wouldn't be the first time I am under dressed for a party. It is scary to wake up and not know what happened from the night before. Just ask this guy. At least someone was honest enough to give him his money back.

Have a good weekend folks and I promise that I will catch you up on all that has been going on the last few weeks.

No comments: