Google

Monday, January 01, 2007

Back Among the Living

Happy New Year!! Hope you have a wonderful year!

Well, I am finally feeling better. I have been down and out with another cold. Thanks goes in part to my sister, who rugrats are always sick and have infected me. I found an amusing post about sick kids from Reener. Go check it out. Anyway... it seems like my nieces are always sick with something. I suppose that is part of being a kid and all but, I know that my sister's lifestyle does not help. The kids have very poor nutrition and do not eat very healthy. Hence they are sick all the time. I will be downing the Airborne from now on before I visit them.

So being sick has over a holiday weekend has been a bummer. I have pretty much done nothing but sleep for the last 3 days. I did take a shower and head out to the grocery store this morning. It sounds like I missed out on a great party at P&K's. I was fast asleep by midnite... or was until the neighbors started shooting off fireworks and that set the dogs off into a barking fit.

Christmas was ok. Got some gifts that I have yet to return. A Christmas floor mat (why would I like that?? it is blue and matches not a thing in my house), gloves (I only have like 10 pairs of gloves) and a pair of lounge pants that don't fit (mom, I am not an xl but a M). Every year, I tell them to not get me clothes. Gift cards. I even gave my mom the info for some new cages for my bike. They are pink and match my bike perfectly. Did I get those?? noooo... So I will be returning stuff sometime this week. when I feel up to it.

I have been selling some stuff on ebay over the last few months. It has been a good way to get rid of some stuff I no longer have a need for and make a few bucks. I have this tote bag that I got from Victoria's Secret last year. It is a silvery pleather and is ugly. It was free that is why I have it. Anyway, I put it out on ebay for 15 bucks, another 12 for shipping. Someone bought it like a month and a half ago. Three weeks after I shipped it out, she comes back and says that there is a scratch/cut on it and wants to return it. So I send her a label for return shipping, (5 bucks). I get it back and there is no way that it left my house looking like that. If I did not know better, I would say that when she opened the package she cut it with the knife. But the bad thing is that I cannot go back and prove that. I cannot argue about it and don't want a bad mark against me. The fact that she had it for more than three weeks (said that she had not opened it until then) leads me to believe that this is a bit fishy. I send her, her money backl via PayPal and this is the email that I get in response from her today.

Thank you for your prompt action. However, I wonder if this was processed a refund, vs you made a payment. In the past when this happened and the seller refunded my money, I never had to accept or deny it. It just got deposited into my PayPal account. When I visited this site, it told me that I'll have a service charge of $1.11. Now, that's a negligible amount, however, it also goes onto tell me that I can have 4 more such transactions up to Aug next year unless I upgrade my PayPal account. Doesn't sound normal to me.

Can you process this as a pure refund? Sorry, I'm not familiar with PayPal processes, but I've never had to worry before.


WTF?!?! She is not familiar with the PayPal process?? and in the past, when this has happened.... How many people are refunding her money?? And why?? She has 1881 other feedbacks left by buyers and sellers for her. This tells me that she must be doing some buying and selling to have that many feedbacks. Me, I have 42 feedbacks left about me. I had to pay the 1.11 charge from PayPal and will not get that back. That is built into my shipping charges. I now have to go back out to PayPal and figure out how to cancel the transaction that I already sent her the 27.99 and figure out how to do a refund. This woman has really soured me on selling anything else. BITCH!!

So back to work tomorrow... Should be an interesting time. Since we lost a team member who quit at the end of last year. He found out last Thursday that since his last day was 12/29, he lost out on his 401k match by the company. You have to be employed on 1/1 to get the match for the previous year. That probably cost him 3-4 grand. Not a smart move and one I would have looked into before giving my notice.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Talk like you have walnuts in your mouth

----OR----

walk like you have a walnut up your butt?

Hmmm... tough choice. I guess I would go with walnuts in the mouth. The butt is an exit only.

Have a good week all!

No comments: