Google

Friday, December 22, 2006

Why am I up so Early??

It is 7:30 am and you may ask yourself, self... what are you doing up so early on a day when you don't have to work. Well... blame hubby. When he got up this morning he got the dog all riled up and they had to go out. By the time I got them outside to do their business (in the pouring rain, no less) and back in the house, I was awake. This was about 6 am. So I stayed up. I stripped the bed and am washing everything. Sheets, comforter, mattress pad... the whole works. I have two loads already done. I figured that since yesterday was the start of winter, I could take my fall themed sheets and comforter (they have fall colored leaves on them) off and replace them with my winter ones (snowflakes, mittens and such). Yes, I know, I am a bit goofy that way. I have sheets and comforters for each season. And they all coordinate. Each season I will switch the bedding out with something new. I guess the hardest part is finding room to store all the sheets and comforters (at last count there were 6).

Boomer is a one dog destruction crew. For being only 8 lbs, he sure likes to literally destroy the dog toys we buy. The toys that say they are for chewers, yeah right, those last about a month. Stuffed squeaky animals, those will maybe last a few days. Some of Riley's favorite toys, have met with disaster. Riley has (or had) a couple of toys that made noise when you squeezed them, a duck, pig, monkey, sheep, they are all gone now. Boomer literally rips them to pieces. I am forever walking around and picking up chunks for animal stuffing around the house. The worst ones are the tennis balls. They shred very nicely and hurt when you step on them in the middle of the night. The good news is is that he does not mess with furniture or shoes. Hopefully, he will grow out of that chewing phase.

I worked a half of day yesterday and went to Kohl's around lunchtime. I was shocked. There were only about 40 cars in the lot. The store was practically barren. I was able to wander around the store and pick up some stuff for presents and myself, without having to beat anyone up. There were so many workers milling around, it was kinda sad as they kept coming up to you to ask if they could be of any assistance. You don't see that very often.

I even got all the presents that I had wrapped. Amazing. I hate wrapping presents. And this year I vowed to use up the wrapping paper that I already have and not buy anymore until that is gone... somehow I ended up with about 20 rolls of paper. I killed off 3 rolls already.

My cousin, who was recently diagnosed with cancer in his esophogus, had a heart attack yesterday. Man, he has had some really bad luck lately. I am going to try and get up to the hospital to see him this weekend as it looks like he may be in there a while. He was going to start with his cancer treatment right after the holidays. I don't know what will happen now.

The rest of the weekend is looking to be busy. Saturday, the gang is getting together for our annual holiday gathering. Since P&K sold the bar, we don't all get together like we used to. This should be a fun nite. K, remember to never leave your drink unattended.... For those who may not know, K, is not a big drinker. So last year, whenever she would leave to go to the bathroom we would fill her glass up. She never realized it. The next day we went out to eat with them and she could not figure out how she got so drunk and was a hurting unit. I have a hard time keeping a straight face and had to tell her what we did. She had no idea. It was too funny...

Christmas Eve, since we do nothing with hubby's family, we go out to eat with P & K. Not sure where we will end up this year. It is a nice time. I think StB may join us this year as well. The more the merrier.

Christmas Day is at my parents. We put out a bunch of food and let the kids go nuts. The dogs always have fun as well running around and playing in the paper.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Have heinous breath and good teeth

----OR----

gross teeth and regular breath?

I am going with good teeth. That is the one thing I am very picky about it my teeth. My parents spent alot of money for me to have nice teeth. I try to keep them looking nice.

Have a good Christmas everyone. Stay safe and I hope Santa is good to you!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough call but I would go with the nice teeth and chew gum in perpetuity.

Hope that your cousin does okay through the Holidays. Tough time to have all of that going on.

Take care,

Scott

Anonymous said...

Oh I have to say the regular breath. There is nothing worse then talking to someone with horrendous breath and not being able to cover your nose without being rude! Ick!!

Happy holidays...hope you have a great one!!

Anonymous said...

Bad breath with good teeth..at least you can correct or at least hide it with breath mints.

Sorry about your cousin.

Funny our golden is named Riley. We call her the Prozac dog because she always looks like she is about a minute away from suicide until someone comes through the door and she goes into her manic phase.

And our Westie, Tobi, is about 10lbs and has eatten out the eyes, brains (stuffing), squeekers and anything in the toys and stuffed animals we have given them. It must be a small dogs way of proving toughness.

Happy holidays!