Google

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Stuff

I am working on a server upgrade that has gone bad and right now I am hosting a call between several different areas. I don't need to actually do anything except listen and make calls to get the right people involved... I am mad as it was going so well. We were two hours ahead of scheduled then BAM.. the shit hits the fan. Nothing that we did... just stuff that was not caught in testing by other areas. We are now once again looking like we have to back something out. grrrrr.. Somedays I really hate this job.

Let's see what has gone on in the last week.

Hubby and I went to Hooter's to watch the football game with some friends. We got there about 3:30 or so. I guess I am a wimp and can't keep up drinking any more. I was pretty much toast by 8:30-9:00pm. I can't drink with the big boys.....

On Friday, we got dumped on with about 13 inches of snow. Thankfully, I was able to work from home and didn't have to worry about driving in. After the snow was all cleaned up we met some friends for a fish fry. It was a nice time, hubby and I ended up sitting in the bar after dinner and it was almost 1:00am before we got home. We both felt like poo the next morning. We slept until after 10:30am.

Our neighbors had their annual Christmas party last nite. It was ok. For whatever reason it broke up by 10:30. It was strange. I think that the hostess was not happy about something as she hardly said anything to anyone most of the evening. oh well...

It is now 11:15 pm and I am still working on this server upgrade. We are working on a fix and hopefully that will prevent us from having to do a full back out of the server upgrade. If we have to backout it. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am getting tired and cranky as I have been working on this now since 3:00pm. Nothing like a short weekend. I have to be up for work at 5:30 tomorrow.

Yeah, a temporary fix was able to be implemented. This is great cuz we don't have to back out the server upgrade. It is now 11:53 pm. I am going to bed.... nighty night all!

2 comments:

Scott said...

I am jealous of all the snow... well that and the Hooters.

Scott

ndheathen said...

I'm so glad I work more on front-end code and not back end code. I wonder how our systems people do their server maintenence at 3 am.