Google

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Later today hubby and I and the boys are heading over to my parents for dinner. Riley will like it cuz he knows that the kids will be dropping food on the floor that he gets to eat.

Last night, we headed up to Big Momma's for a few cocktails. It was good to see a few people who we have not seen in awhile. We laughed over a few stories of our friend Dave who passed away earlier this year and how a several years ago we had a party up at the bar and Dave was deep frying turkeys. He was cutting up the turkey and in between licking his fingers and then going back to touch the food.... ahhh the good times. It was nice to see Russ and Elaine, Vicki and Zeke, and a few others. We are thankful for the great friends that we have.

I am also very thankful that our good friend, Ms. Gambino, is on her way to a speedy recovery. For those of you who may not know, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and had surgery yesterday. She came thru the surgery with flying colors and her doctor is very optimistic that everything was removed. She was very lucky that it was caught very early. She has just gone in for a routine doctor visit and in less than a month was having the surgery. She will still need to go thru radiation treatments but it had not spread to her lymph nodes or anywhere else. The scariest part of this is that she is only 38 with no family history. So ladies, I urge you to have a mammogram at your next doctor visit. I know that at my next visit in Jan, I will be having one done.

So my faithful readers... what are you thankful for this year??

Have a wonderful holiday. All I know is that I will NOT be hitting the stores tomorrow for Black Friday. I avoid doing any shopping on that day. I hate the crowds way too much.

3 comments:

AletaR said...

Want a whole list or should I just sum it up...everything

Blonde said...

I don't know your friend, but I wish her well and a full recovery :).

I am thankful to wake up every morning. My life has had it's challenges, but I always look for the good and the blessings in every situation.

Deep fried turkey....yum.....

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for football and turkey sandwiches.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday