Google

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Being Sick... Packers.... A Letter

I hate being sick. I am not a good sick person. I have had this cold now for over a week. I think that I will be making a stop at the clinic thingy to get some drugs. The cough has now settled into my chest and is rattling around. It is the hardest at nite when I lay down. Everything gets stuck in my lungs I get this nice coughing spell. I have just been laying low, going to bed early and just taking it easy.

Last Sunday, our next door neighbors had a Packer party. They won it thru a local radio station and bank. The highlight of the party was the guests of honor were Max McGee and Jim Irwin. They were the Packer radio announcers for 20 years. Max was notorious for being hungover/still drunk when he played in Super Bowl 1. It was a blast and they were both really nice. To start the third quarter, they gave their play by play. Jim was really good even not knowing who the players were. Max, by this time, was a bit tipsy and just kinda rambled on. I did alot of talking and was kinda tipsy myself and that is how I lost my voice. My throat was so sore by the end of the day. Being outside for most of the afternoon did not help either. I have some cool pictures but have to take them off my camera yet.

I got a letter in the mail today. I was invited to join Mensa. YEAH!! I was really surprised that I got the results so quickly. This means that I scored in the top 2% of the general population. So now for the low price of $52 a year I can join, take part in the activities and get their magazine.

Other than that not much else is going on. I hate leaving for work in the dark and getting home when it is almost dark.

3 comments:

Scott said...

And what kind of activities do you get to do with Mensa???

Scott

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the mensa acceptance, Ms. Smarty Pants!!

Hey Jo said...

Thanks guys. I kinda surprised myself by how excited I was to be invited to join. It looks like there are annual gatherings and other regional stuff that you can participate in.