Google

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Update from the Fire Drill

On Monday, when I was bitching about the fire drill, I should have thanked my employer. On Wednesday, there was an explosion at a local company. It killed three poeple and injured almost another 50. Here is a picture of the aftermath and some articles.

Bottom line.... someone smelled gas and they began evacuating the buildings. This action probably saved alot of live. I guess I should be happy that we have a plan in place and know how to execute it...

2 comments:

AletaR said...

As much as we sometimes think our companies are anal about things, I guess there is no perfect time to have a drill. A fire or other disaster doesn't wait until it's convienent for us. It's hard to think of that when you're standing outside freezing your ass off.

Anonymous said...

Well said al....I don't think I could say it any better! Thank goodness for the fire drill because sometimes it's not a drill!