Google

Sunday, September 10, 2006

What a week it was...

The week that went from bad to worse. It was all work related and not personally.

It started out on Tuesday that everything decides to take a dump. We had a processor board go bad on our server. We worked with the vendors to get it replaced, that went smooth. Where the shit hits the fan is that one person, who we call 'Endora' as in the witch from Bewitched (this person is a bitch, with a capital B). She sends me an email asking if a page had gone out on the server going down and needing a new board. I reply back that "no, a page did not go out". I had already checked with my boss's boss to see if she thought a page should go out. She said no. Well then, Endora replies back that normally a page is sent out and when did the process change and why wasn't she informed. My boss replied back to her the next day saying that nothing has changed, and since the ticket remained a low priority, the process (Endora's group) dictates that no page is needed. Endora has been a pain in everyone's ass for the last few years. At one time I reported to her and was soooo happy when I moved to another team. I will save that story for another time.

On Thursday, my boss calls a team meeting. Nothing surprising here as we got a new team member and my boss and I had talked about some changes that she wanted to make on the team in regards to another person. So we get into the meeting room and we are all connected by audio (as one person works in St. Paul). My boss's boss is also involved. Nothing new there as we figured that this was her introduction to our new team member. My boss starts out by saying that every so often people need a change as they get in a job that after awhile is no longer right for them. Maybe they are getting bored, tired or burned out.

Then she drops the bomb. Effective immediately, she is no longer our boss and another person, S. is taking over. WHAT?!?!. I was so totally blown away by this. I was not expecting this at all. I was all prepared for her to announce the other change that she had been talking about but not this. I am sitting there listening to everyone talk and the next thing I know I have tears streaming down my face. SHIT, what a wuss am I?? I was just so totally blown away by this that I was not prepared. I really like my boss and have worked for her for most of the last 6 years. She treats me very well and has really pushed me to grow professionally. am doing things that I would have never thought possible. The new guy is ok, but the scary part is that you never know what will happen.

I know that part of the reason that this occurred is because my boss and Endora do not get along at all. Over the last couple of months it has been getting worse again. I know that this has had an impact on my boss's health as she has a chronic condition that being under stress does not help. I hope that the new guy, S, can keep Endora in line. We will be sitting down this next week to go over some stuff, so we can talk about it then.

Thursday, was our wedding anniversary. 15 years. Who can believe it?? It is hard to believe that we have been married that long and that no one is dead yet. The time has really gone by fast, and for the most part it has been good. We really did not do much to celebrate, went out to eat on Saturday. We got new bikes earlier in the year and that was our presents for each other for birthday's and anniversary this year. Plus I really did not need any new jewelry. Hard to believe that one, eh?? Me turn down big, shiny diamonds....

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Constantly be mistaken for the opposite sex

----OR----

find out that you were voted the "Ugliest Classmate" by your entire school.

Well, since my 20 year class reunion is coming up in a few weeks, I hope that it was not the second option. I would have to go with being mistaken for a man. Altho' with my boobs that would be hard to do.

Have a good week!

1 comment:

Adam said...

That's a hella hard question, I don't think I can answer it....