Google

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Catching you up

I know that if I want to have people come and visit my site, I will actually have to post more often than once a week. I am going to try and post with more frequency. I have lots to say but little time to write.

Let's start off with a bit of a recap.

Last weekend hubby was out of town for the Packer game with some friends. My original plans had me camping with the gang but due to lack of a dog sitter (my parents were out of town as well), I was home alone for the weekend. That was ok with me. It sounds like from Aleta and StB that I missed the blood bath from the mosquitos. I had to take the boys to the groomer and wanted to get stuff done around the house.

I also got some time in to ride. It was nice out for most of the weekend. On Sunday, K and her sister and I rode in the "Wine ride" in Cedarburg. It was a nice ride that started out a bit rough. I am hoping that K will email the pics she took (hint, hint). I will then post them for your viewing pleasure. We got no more than 2 minutes from the parking lots of the school where we started and the skies open up with rain. We took refuge under a big tree along the street and waited it out. Luckily, it only lasted a few minutes. Then we proceeded to ride on the wet streets. My ass and feet were all wet from the road spray. Thanks god, it was warm out or the rest of the ride would have been miserable. I rode about 15 miles with K and C, they then split off to ride the 60 mile route.

I think it may have been a first, K did not get lost on an organized ride. Have to remember that one for the record books. I rode the 30 mile route and finished it with a total riding time or 2:15. I was happy with that. I had a total time of 2:49 but that included about at least 10 minutes at the last rest stop getting by derailleur adjusted after I dropped my chain going up a big hill. That was a pain in the butt. But I did learn how to adjust it on the fly now. There were a couple of big hills that I was very proud that I made up. Very slowly but I made it. I am now looking forward to the Beer ride in a couple of weeks. There were two hills that last year I had to walk up them. I am hoping that with better conditioning and a bike that is almost 10 lbs lighter I can make it up the hills.

Work has been getting better. Our new boss is ok. He has alot of grand ideas but we are slowly bringing him back to the real world. I seen my old boss this morning and she looks so much better. I guess less stress will do that to you.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Turn around three times before you sit down anywhere

----OR----

do a little jig before you go through any doorway??

I will go with turning around three times. My dogs do that alot and why can't I.

Have a good week all!

1 comment:

AletaR said...

If you do a little jig and then high-tailed it to the nearest restroom people would think you just had to go. Either way you're going to get looked at. Just imagine being in church and having to turn around 3 times everytime you had to sit down.