Google

Friday, September 29, 2006

Not a Good Sign

When we got up this morning, the house was cold. Temp was hovering right around 62. Told hubby, guess it is time to turn the furnace on. He said yeah, guess so.

Fast forward to 5pm. I get home think to myself, "Self, it's kinda chilly in here. Have to turn the furnace on." I have a parrot that doe not care for the chilly temps.

So I walk over to the thermostat and flip the switch to Heat. Go grab the dogs from their crates and head outside. 15 minutes later come back in to the house and think, damn, still chilly in here. And that's strange normally when turning the furnace on for the first time in 8 months you expect it to kinda smell dusty, musty. No smell. I go over to the register and put my hand in front of it. Nothing. Ok, walk over to the thermostat and check to see what it is set to. Thinking that we had it turned down so low that it did not kick in. Bumped up the temp to 70. Still nothing. SHIT!!

I promptly get on the phone with my dad. He asks me some questions and thinks it may be the igniter. The good news is that lucky for me he is handy and that he said he will come over and take a look at it. Hopefully, it is something that he can fix. If not there goes a nice chunk of change to have that fixed on a Saturday.

I'll post more details as they become known.

No comments: