Google

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave

Today is Veteran's Day.

I give thanks to the men and women, past, present and future, who have fought and gave their lives to protect the freedoms we hold dear. Or at least you should.

I remember on this day, my dad and uncles who served during peace time. During WWII, my great uncle, Ray served in Africa. Uncle Herman who served in Germany. I will remember my great uncle Melvin, who gave his live in France on July 30, 1944.

At our last family reunion, I found out that his transport casket had been located on the family farm. It is being donated to the National World War II museum in New Orleans, LA. Here are a couple of articles about it.

I remember my brother-in-law, Corey, who served during peace time in the Air Force and now continues to serve in a civilian capacity with the NSA.

I am remembering my nephew, Kyle, who also works for the NSA in a civilian capacity, who by now should be in Afghanistan for the next few months. May God keep him safe.

I am remembering my many friends who have served or are serving in peace time and war.

Thanks you for making sure that we can continue to call the United States, the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave!

No comments: