Google

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Match Email #1

I got an email the other day from a guy on Match. Here it is in all its 'glory'. I did no editing to the style except for the font changes.


Hi Dear
I read your profile and really enjoyed it. You have a beautiful pictures..am Matt just join match dating service yesterday... Am new doing this online dating

scene.. I will like to give it a try and see where it will goes. I'm 45 years old am completing 46 tomorrow. A freelance researcher and love children..but am

currently out of the state doing some research in UK Norway

I work in Agricultural Soil Manuring and Productivities Organization as my profession and travel a bit for my business. Most of my trips are One or two week a

couple of times a month. I am considered a crops safety expert and do public research speaking engagements as well as events throughout the country. But

presently UK London on a research i will be in the state soon..Words to leave by. Distance does not matter to me in a relationship neither do age, be cause i

don't mind relocating for the right Woman.

I have an out-going personality, easy going, and have a great sense of humor. I meet a lot of people; my problem is there has to be that chemistry and it is

hard to find someone where that chemistry is there. I really need someone that I can hold an intelligent conversation with, who can answer at least one

question on Jeopardy by herself without any help.

I love to listen to NEW country music, I do not like rap. I enjoy going out to dinner, plays, movies, country line and couples dancing, concerts, weekend

getaways, church on Sunday and being on the water. God is an important part of my life and I hope he is part of yours. I also enjoy quiet evenings at home

snuggling with that special someone while watching TV or movie. I fit in any environment. I prefer jeans and a pair of shoes when I am working.

I am a spur of the moment kind of roman tic. A tender kiss on the cheek, a card, flowers, or weekend trip for no reason.

I am looking for my best friend, my soul, maybe a life term relationship. I have a great life and am ready to share it with someone again. I want to enjoy the

time I spend with that special someone when we are together and miss her when we are apart. I really enjoy the missing part, which means that I have

something (chemistry). I love the water also and go fishing offshore quite a bit.

OK your turn if you chose to continue. I figured I would give you quite a bit of information so you can decide if you want to continue corresponding.

Have a great day! I look forward to your response.

Respectfully,

Matt.


Needless to say, I deleted it. His profile had no picture in it so that was a big flag to begin with.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Lines always used by douche bags on dating sites:

1. This is my first time on a dating site, I thought I would give it a try (LIAR!)
2. I like my women smart and jeans and a t-shirt is best (LIAR!)
3. I like to snuggle by the couch looking into the fire (Please! LIAR!)

Any man that has a detailed e-mail such as the one he sent you, is obviously been in this online dating game before.

Run away!