Google

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Size What??

About two weeks ago, I was heading out to the local mall. I have a ring that I needed to have resized. It is my favorite ring. It is a three stone LeVian piece that had a tanzanite as the center stone and two diamonds on each side. The lady at the store took my information and said that it would be ready today.

Last night, I get home from work and there is a message on my machine to call the jeweler back. They need to 'talk' to me about the ring. My first thought is "Fuck, they lost it."

So I call them back. The girl said that the ring would not be ready to pick up as they have not sized it yet. What?? Why, I ask. When I dropped it off they said that they would size it in house as it is a simple task. Because it is a LeVian piece it come with a lifetime guarantee for any repairs or sizing. It turns out that if the jeweler resizes it the LeVian warranty becomes void.

So, now they have to send it out to LeVian to be resized. It will be back in 4-5 weeks. WTF???

My question is why did they wait almost two weeks to even look at it and then decide the night before I was going to pick it up that they could not do it. When I dropped it off I even asked them if they were sending it out to LeVian to be resized and was specifically told that they weren't.

Maybe I will be lucky enough to get it back before I head to Florida in March. sigh......

No comments: