Google

Thursday, February 12, 2009

MN Recap

The last couple of days have been busy.

Work has been nuts the past few days. Being in the same location as most other people I work with is good because you get to sit down face to face with people and work things out. I am not convinced that this project I'm working on is headed in the right direction. There are ALOT of things that were 'lost' in the original requirements and the statement of work that we are now working from. One bomb shell was dropped yesterday that I consider a show stopper. All I can do is express my concerns and if others choose to ignore them... oh well...

Got my review yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised. I ended up with a 4.55% raise and my bonus was actually doubled from last year. It is good to know that my hard work over the last year has been appreciated. This has made me a happy camper.

Bad news is that today they announce that everyone will take two weeks off unpaid as a cost savings measure. I think that they will implement this by taking a portion of the time off out of each paycheck. You then don't miss an entire paycheck. You are shorted about 2 hours a week. I only had one vacation day left that was not planned for. I now have at least another 5 and maybe another 10. Can't complain that I will end up with 6 weeks of vacation. Bottom line the raise I got will probably not be actually seen on my check. Oh well.... at least I still have a job.

Hit the Mall of America again the past two evenings for dinner. Last night, was Tiger Sushi. YUMMY!!! Hubby never cared for sushi so we never went to places like that to eat. I had the number 10zen maki roll. It was shrimp tempura, garlic chile mayo and mango on the inside. Outside was smoked salmon, unagi (which is eel), avocado, sushi rice, spicy mango sauce, unago sauce and toasted sesame seeds. It was soooo good.

Tonight was Ruby Tuesday's. Also good but nothing special.

After dinner we went to the Underwater Aquarium. Very cool. I took a bunch of pictures with my BlackBerry. You will have to wait until I get home to take them off my phone. You walked thru this tunnel so that you can see all around you. The sharks were really neat. They swam only a few inches from you

Survivor started its new season. I have Debbie Beebe from Timbira and Sandy Burgin from Jalapao. I was sure that Sandy was going home. Didn't happen, so I was happy. I hate it when my people are the first to go.

I head back home tomorrow. Don't fly out until 5:20 pm. I can't wait to get home. I miss the dogs. It sounds like they have been good.

Hope you all have had a good week.

No comments: