Google

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Simply Amazing

Tonight was the premiere of the new season of Amazing Race. It looks like once again it should be a great season.

I think my favorite team may be the mom and her deaf son. They are going to prove that you don't need to hear to do well.

The roadblock proved to be a doozy to start the season out. The teams had to bungee jump more than 700 feet from the second highest bungee in the world. Not sure I could have done it. It seems like the older I get the more freaked out over heights I get. I hate the upper deck in Camp Randall and the Bradley Center. When I was younger I thought nothing of doing back flips off the high dive in the pool or jumping off the roof of the chicken coop into the snow banks.

After that the teams had to move 200 lbs of cheese from the top of the hill to a rack at the bottom. I was busting a gut laughing at the teams who's carrier things broke and the cheese goes flying down the hill. Seems to me that would have been easier to do than hauling it down. The best was Linda and Steve from VA. They came up with a way to only make one trip and it worked out for them. They may prove to be annoying as Linda is not in very good shape. She can't run. You keep hearing Steve tell her to go faster. I was glad that they didn't finish last and will survive another week.

I spent most of the day (can you say almost 6 hours) cleaning out the basement. Heck I even vacuumed all the cobwebs from the rafters. I wanted to get rid of some of hubby's things and organize it better. When he moved back in we just kinda dumped it all in piles. I have 3 boxes and one bag of stuff for Goodwill. Now just have to figure out what to so with the extra set of pots and pans, silverware, toaster oven and the pizza oven. I will probably try to sell it on Craigslist. If you know of anyone who wants or needs them, let me know.

Have the day off tomorrow for President's Day. Gotta love those bank holidays. Since I now have another 10 vacation days to use (unfortunately, they are unpaid) I will try to take some random days off. Probably Mondays or Fridays. Heck, I could not work a full week from Memorial Day to Labor Day. I have the annual girl exam and am going to lunch with a friend. I also want hit Kohl's up. I have some bonus bucks to use and want to get some stuff for my trip to Florida next month.

Well, that's about all for now. Have a good week everyone.

No comments: