Google

Monday, February 09, 2009

Life in MN Day 1

I'm up in MN this week for work. Thanks to A for getting me to the airport with time to spare. Can there be anything more boring than sitting there waiting for your flight to board?? Nope.

Got up here and settled into the hotel by about 5pm. Unpacked and checked out the local restaurant menus. Decided that I did not feel like driving anywhere so just walked thru the building to the TGI Fridays. Take a seat in the bar and look at the menu and watch the Pro Bowl. I look around and discover another person from work there. He sits like 6 seats away from me in the office. I grab my beer and sit down next to him. We order food and more beers. Blue Moon was the special of the month so there were only 3 bucks. Whoo hoo. I had a nice time getting to know a co-worker that I really never knew before. After about 5 beers I decided that it was time to head back. I wanted to have a clear head for the long day today.

Got into the office about 8 am. Spent the next hour trying to get a pc that could remote into my workstation in the office. I soooo wanted to head off to a coffee shop where I could just use my laptop and be done with it.

The building is home to about 2500 people or so. They have a cafeteria. It is good. Real food not vend-o-matic stuff I have back at the home office. Today I settled on the salad bar. All sorts of yummy stuff.

After lunch we start the training class that I am up here for. After about 15 minutes, the instructor realizes that I am the one who knows what is going on and the other 3 people will have no clue. We spend the next several hours going over the material. This is my element. I am geek and love the geeky stuff like this.

After work headed over to the Mall of America for dinner. My former now demoted boss is here as well so we went together. Ate at Bubba Gumps. Yep that Bubba Gumps. It was fantastic. I highly recommend it if you get to one.

May try to hit trivia at the mall tomorrow nite. Could be fun.

Wandered around the mall a bit more and headed back to the hotel. I did not sleep real well last nite so want to hit the hay early.

No comments: