Google

Monday, January 14, 2008

A Roof Over My Head

The inspection on my new house was last Saturday. All went well except for one big thing. The roof. It probably should have been replaced at least a year ago. There were shingles that had no gravel on them anymore.

So, we are going back to the seller to have them pay for a new roof. We are talking a complete tear off on both the house and garage. They are balking at it a bit. It will probably cost 5 grand to replace. That is coin that I can't really afford at this time. We are now at the point of getting a few estimates to see what the cost will be and try to negotiate. To top it off the radon test came back at 6.9. EPA guidelines say that anything over 4.0 needs to be fixed. It will cost the seller another grand to remediate that. My realtor talked to the other realtor and learned that the sellers are frustrated. Don't blame them. The house has been on the market for over 8 months and they now have to shell out some cash to get more stuff done.

I think that it was not a good sign when my realtor sent me link to a few new houses to look at. Bad thing is that none of them appealed to me.

At this point I am back to waiting again. This sucks. I can't sleep, which for me is very unusual. It doesn't help when hubby's work calls at 11:45 pm and wakes me up cuz he doesn't answer his cell phone. I tossed and turned the rest of the night. My ass is draggin but I want to stay up until about 10 or so, so that I can hopefully be tired enough to sleep.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Not eat for three days

----OR----

not sleep for three days?

I have to go with the eating. I can stand to lose a few pounds. I'm already not sleeping very well.

2 comments:

OMW said...

"Stop draggin' my ass around"...who sings that song?

Usually when I want to 'stay up' until about 10 or so....nevermind,it's not really gonna be funny.

my password is ODD WA like it was gonna write out my name but ran out of room.

OMW said...

u xiyks w. i was tgonna write everything on e key over but nah