Google

Saturday, January 05, 2008

House Hunting - Day 2

Today, dad and I went out with my realtor and looked at more houses. We went to look at 4 new ones and back to the one I liked last week.

Started out in Cudahy, This one was a foreclosure. It was a dump. You could tell that it had been empty for over a year now. Needed a new driveway, had no gutters. The only nice thing was that it had nice refinished hardwood floors.

House 2 - was back to the one in St. Francis that I liked. When we went out last week to look at it, it was with my realtor's associate and my realtor wanted to look at it so he could see it for himself. I still liked the house. I know someone who lives across the street so that would be nice as well.

House 3 - It was in a nice location on a dead end road behind Zablocki park. Long driveway. As we walked up the driveway, you could see that the garage was crooked. Quite a bit. As we walked in, you could see that the rest of the house was off as well. The fridge was tilted about an inch or so. It looked like the house was a small cottage at one time and they added on to it. This was a definite no as well.

House 4 - Was a few blocks away. As we drove up, we noticed that it was the smallest house on the block. The garage was tiny. I don't think that my truck would have even fit in there. The owners were at the house. As we walked in, there was an odd odor. Kinda gross. The house was crammed with stuff. For those of you who know me, I hate clutter, especially when it looks like a dump. This was what the house looked like. Do you think if you wanted someone to buy your house, that maybe you would run a vacuum through quick. Not these folks. Besides the fact that there was no basement this was a no as well.

House 5 - It was on Honey Creek Dr. Nice area, but very close to the freeway. You could hear the traffic and it was loud. The house was very well maintained but small. Two of the bedrooms were like 9x9. Way to small for me.

One thing I have learned was that there is a reason that alot of the homes do not have pictures of the interior on the web. They are dumps and there is not much you can do, even with Photoshop, to make it look better. I just have a hard time believing that people live in this kind of crap. They are all fairly decent neighborhoods. Not like I'm looking in the inner city somewhere.

So, I think I have decided to put an offer in on the St. Francis house. My realtor is going to look at the comps in the area and see what a reasonable offer is. I think we have the fact that it has been on the market since last May going for us. They may be willing to deal. I am hoping that all works out. Keep your fingers crossed.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Have a see-through nose

----OR----

entirely white eyeballs?

Well, since I have a cold going on, the see-through nose would be quite gross at this time. But it could be fun to gross people out. hmmmm... what are your thoughts??

1 comment:

cosmopolgirl said...

Good luck with the house bid! Just remember it's a buyers market, people want to sell and nobody is buying! You'll get a great deal!!! There are also websites (which I'm forgetting the address that you can find out what they paid for the house and when) zillow.com is also a good website.
GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES!!! KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU!!!!!