Google

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's Official

I got the call about 30 minutes ago. I got the house. I am now the proud almost owner of a cute 3 bedroom, 1 bath brick ranch in St. Francis.

Here is a pic of the front of the house. If you want to see more go to the post from the other day. The link is on there.

Things went smooth. They countered this morning at 142,000. We came back and said ok, we will take that but pay most of the closing costs. That is about 2500 so, it works out well. Now more of my money can go towards the down payment.

I close on both houses on Feb 15th. We will be moving that day as well. Now, I have to call and line up the movers. We are going to try to work it out so that they can pack all the stuff up and then drop hubby's off at his new place and then send the rest on to my house. All I know is that it is worth it to have them haul my elliptical up and down stairs. That thing weighs a ton!!

Not alot that I want to do right away. 1. Rip the carpet out of the bedrooms. There are hardwood floors under the carpet. Hopefully, they are in good shape. 2. Paint the kitchen. I like pink (remember, I ride a pink bike) but not really my thing in the kitchen. When we painted here this summer, we have a bunch of paint left over and I can use that. It is an off white color which is fine for now.

Dad was all excited. He now has a project to work on for the rest of winter. I should just put a bed in one of the rooms and have him move in. Save him money on gas.

Have to meet with the attorney on Thursday. We have to draw up papers that releases hubby from any legal or financial responsibility for my new home. Lots of stuff to do. It will be a busy month. I can see me burning alot of vacation time up in the next month.

Well, time for bed. I have not slept well the past few nights. I think I will sleep much better knowing I now have a place to live.

Good Night everyone!!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Glad to hear that you closed on the house, and will have your own place to call home. I wish you all the best...I love hardwood floors.

OMW said...

Congrats on the new house!
I didn't know your dad was looking for winter projects, I'll send you over a list of things I need done on my house ;)

cosmopolgirl said...

Hooray!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

And if you're dad wants some projects to complete and a vacation in Maryland, please let me know =)

OMW said...

It was great seeing you tonight/last night!!!!
"myemptyglass"