Google

Sunday, January 06, 2008

House Hunting - Day 3

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. Back at the house hunting. Today's trip only consisted of two locations. Both is St. Francis.

House 1 - nice location on a dead end cul-de-sac. The house was well maintained and had been owned by some dead old people. The kitchen and bath were recently updated and had nice fixtures. Windows were fairly new. Living room was small. Entire house had hard wood floors. It had only been on the market like 10 days and my realtor must have known the other realtor and said that he did not think that they would some down much if any in price. It was at the very top limit of my budget.

House 2 - nice location across from a park. As we drove up, I knew that this would not work. There was no driveway or garage. You parked on the street. YUCK!! The property was on an alley but there was a 20-25 foot drop from the edge of the lawn to the alley. That's not working for me. We did not even go in.

My realtor is a great guy. He is friends with my co-worker L. So after we looked at the houses, we stopped at a little bakery for lunch. We bought some hot ham and rolls and ate and chatted. He does alot of real estate for the Bucks. We are eating lunch and he gets a call from a rookie player who shall remain nameless at this time. He cut the tire on his Range Rover and needed to get a new one. Except that no place around here could get one in for like a week. He bought the vehicle in Chicago. Last week, when it was in the shop for something else, he had my realtor's truck. Rookie called realtor and said that the truck kept stalling out on him. First thing realtor asks is if there is gas in it. He says yes, he just filled it up. It then dawns on him that he put gasoline in. Not diesel fuel which is what it runs on. Realtor needs a new engine. Rookie said that he would buy him a new truck. This is like the 4th or 5th thing that has happened to him and vehicles in the last 4 months. I told realtor that I would be rookie's driver. He laughed and said that he has already recommended that he get a car service.

In the end, I decided to put an offer in on the house in St. Francis. Realtor thought that since it has been on the market for so long, we should be able to get a deal on it. We are offer of 135,000 to see if they bite. He figures that they will then counter with 140 or less which is perfect for me. I am waiting for Realtor to email over the paperwork so I can sign it and away we go.

I'll keep you all updated on the progress. Keep you fingers crossed.

No comments: