Google

Sunday, October 14, 2007

The past few days have been spent doing stuff for and with the girls.

On Thursday, I took the afternoon off and went to Harry W Schwartz bookstore. Deanna Favre, wife of Green Bay Packer, Brett Favre was there promoting her book, Don't Bet Against Me! It details her journey in her battle with breast cancer. She was very sweet and has the cutest southern accent.

Here are a couple of pictures I took while she was signing the book I gave to Ms. Gambino.











After I was done at the bookstore, I headed up to Big Momma's to meet A and Gambino for a cocktail or two. I gave Gambino the book. She was tickled. When she looked inside to see that it was autographed by Deanna and addressed to my survivor sister, J was touched. We almost started bawling right there in the bar. We had a few more cocktails and by 7:30 I headed home

Friday came the call that I was dreading. The TV repair guy said the big screen was no longer fixable. Damn!! So I spent a hour or so looking online for a new tv. Made a stop at Circuit City to do some comparison shopping and headed home. I ended up at my sister's house to set her computer back up and give her some pointers on what to avoid so she stops getting viruses. Good thing from that was she picked up some fish fries and bought me dinner. Note to self Dead End Saloon has good fish fries.

Saturday morning was spent looking for the new tv. Did more research online and found that Samsungs are about the best value for the money and were in my price range. Hubby stepped up and offered to pay for half of whatever I bought so I was able to upgrade a bit. I ended up getting a 50" plasma. It is really nice.

Saturday afternoon, A, J and I did something that none of us had ever done before. No, not that... so get your minds outta the gutter. We went to a rugby game for the Westside Harlequins. It was very interesting. Thanks for Byron telling us some of the rules. Fun watching hot, sweaty guys walking around with no shirt on. The guy that A knew, ended up getting hurt during the game. He took a cleat to the eyebrow. He had a nice lump and will need a few stitches to close the gash. This was the last game of the season so will have to wait until next year to watch them play again.

I have to work tonight so heading off to take a nap. We are upgrading a database. Hopefully it will go as planned and I can be done by 11:30 or so.


ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

If you had to come up with 50,000 in five days to get a sibling out of jail, try to steal it

----OR----

go to Vegas?

First off, I would let my sibling stay in jail. It would be good for her. Second, I'd go to Vegas. Doesn't say I have to win any money while there...

1 comment:

J. Gambino said...

I was more than tickled. I can't wait to read it. THat was an awesome gesture. I can't thank you enough!
XOXO,
J