Google

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

End of the Season

Last weekend was the last camping trip of the year. It was a good time. I was so proud that I was able to get the camper backed into the site. Ok, so maybe it wasn't exactly where it was supposed to be parked but it was there. I ended up in the bushed a bit but did not pull a "Connie" and end up with a tree between the truck and camper. Thank god for the camp host who seen my misfortune and helped me out by parking it back on the gravel for me. I was able to get the camper put up and even closed it up and got it hooked back up to the truck all by myself when it was time to leave.

I am sad that this is the last trip of the year. I really like camping even if I end up conking out by 10:30pm. Too much fresh air I guess. It is just nice to relax around the fire and chat it up with good friends. I wish I could remember the song we made up about K starting himself on fire. It was pretty funny.

We went to the dog track on Saturday afternoon. I did ok. Won like 5 races and ended up about 35 bucks down for the day. There was one race that I quinella boxed and should have trifecta boxed it. That would have netted me about 1100 bucks vs the 49 I ended up winning. Guess I picked the wrong races to quinella... oh well...

The weather held out and only really needed the heat on in the camper a little on Friday nite. More so to take the dampness out of the air than keep it warm.

Now just have to wait for a couple of months when we have a camping planning party for next year. sigh......

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Get everywhere by crawling

----OR----

have to stand on your hands when you are stationary?

I will go with standing on your hands. It would be hard to go camping, pulling a camper down the freeway while crawling.

Have a good week all.

No comments: