Google

Monday, June 19, 2006

Giving till it Hurts....Teaching a New Dog Nothing

To give or not to give, that is the question. On Wednesday, my company has a blood drive. Do I give?? The last two times I gave blood, I passed out. Both times I was about 2/3 of the way thru the donation process when I got really warm and light-headed and BAM!! Out like a light. The sucky thing is that after you wake up, they make you drink soda. Regular Coke. I don’t drink soda that has caffeine in it. I get sick to my stomach from the sugar and caffeine. Then you have to explain to them why you feeling like hurling after drinking the soda, which means they want to keep you there longer, which in turn means I can’t get my work done. I think that I will not be donating again anytime soon. Maybe I will make some treats for those who do donate.

Boomer is getting more adjusted each day. He is getting better with the housebreaking. He no longer is whizzing in the house (that we can see/smell) but is having issues with the pooing. He has pooed in his cage the last few times he was in there. It will just take time. Thanks goodness for the carpet cleaning machine!! He has learned two new "tricks". He can now jump up on the kitchen table. He seen me put up one of the squeaky stuffed toys that needed some minor surgery on the table in the kitchen and sometime during the nite proceeded to get it off the table and rip most of the stuffing out of it and leave it all over the house. Then about 2:30 this morning he was trying to get into bed with Randy's plastic glass that was sitting on the end table between the two chairs in the living room. At least it was empty. I think he was looking for water as the water dish was almost empty. I am almost sure that he part cat. He kinda 'barks' like one even. He has learned to jump up on one of the chairs and hop over to the window ledge, which is about 9-10 inched wide. Same thing in our bedroom, he hops up on to the bed, hops over to the nightstand and then hops over to the window ledge.

We are camping this weekend at Lake Kegonsa State park. It is a really nice place. The bad thing is that every time we go there a tornado decides to go there before us. Last year, the tornado did a lot of damage and it was weird to drive around and see neighborhoods where all that was left was the foundations and driveways of houses. There was even a section where the road was ripped right from the ground. It sounds like the tornado that went thru Stoughton yesterday was a small one with minimal damage.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Bite the curb and get kicked in the back of the head

----OR----

get a paper cut on your eyeball?

Hmmmm... neither sound very appealing but am going with getting kicked in the head. I had the laser eye surgery a few years ago and hate to mess my eyes up now.

Have a good week everyone

No comments: