Google

Monday, June 12, 2006

Camping and a New Addition

I think I have finally recovered from camping. Damn, how can something so relaxing take so long to recover from. A good time was had by all even tho' the weather was a bit on the chilly side and rainy at nite. There is nothing better than sitting around a campfire, passing a bottle of Boones Farm. I wish I had a tape recorder to capture all the funny moments and the great comments made by everyone.

At this time I would like to announce a new member to our family. No, I am not having a kid. But a new puppy. His name is Boomer (that may change, any suggestions??) He is a 9 month old Yorkie. While camping, I ran into 2 girls at the bathroom. I was admiring their puppy and noticed a tick on his nose. As I was picking the tick off of him the girls wanted to know if I wanted him. I was a bit skeptical at first but after speaking to the parents and found that he was an abused puppy and has lived with 3 families in the last couple of months. The last family who had him couldn't keep him because they had to older dogs who just didn't like him. I guess that it was a guy who kicked him around. You can tell this as he is not so fond of men in general and follows me around like a shadow. He is a great little guy so far. Someone took the time to teach him to sit and play fetch. It took Rufus and Riley a while to get used to him but they seem ok now. We are working on the housebreaking and am getting him neutered next week. He also has never been to the groomer so he will be doing that as well next week. Look back for more pictures after he gets all gussied up.







Left to right.... Rufus, Riley and Boomer.






Not much else to talk about today.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Run (no walking) a half marathon in wooden shoes

----OR----

bike two hundred miles with no seat, just the post sticking up?

I have to go with the running. I figure that I ride about 15-16 miles an hour, with breaks. That would mean at least 15 hours that I would be riding. I could probably run 3-4 miles an hour. A half marathon is only 13 miles. 4 hours, tops!

Have a good week everyone!!

1 comment:

Hey Jo said...

Thanks for the great name suggestions Dave. I will take them under consideration.