Google

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beer Club Field Trip

This past Saturday saw the Twitter Beer Club take another field trip.

This time we were taking a tour of the Milwaukee Brewing Co. No one in the group had actually ever been on this tour so it made it even more fun.

The tour ended up only being a few of us. Mitch, Sara, Neil and Neil's friend, Jeff. We paid our $7, got our glass and had it filled with beer. The tour we wanted to go on was full so we had to wait 30 minutes for the next one. Darn. I guess that meant we had to have another free beer. Fill up glass with beer. We stood and talked and next thing you know it was time for our tour to start. Quick, go fill up the glass with more beer.

We follow Sean around to the first station. The group is large and we are towards the back so we can't really see or hear anything. He is talking about the grains used. I can see a box of Grape Nuts. That's about all I know. We move on.

We go up the stairs. We look inside the big kettles. Sean is still talking but we are not really paying attention. It is more fun to take picture of the Flux Capacitor. Not sure if it really works but by this time it is funny.

.

We go back downstairs. Looks at some more stuff, everyone goes into the cooler. I was getting my beer refilled so I was a bit behind everyone. Next thing I know the doors to the cooler are closing, I rush in. People are now calling me Indiana Jones. We leave the cooler and find this little graphy thing outside of it. It has squigly lines on it. I make the joke that it is recording earthquakes in Japan. I know that it is really measuring the temperature and humidity in the room. No one lets me tweet what I really want to say.



We also got to see of HAL2000. I forgot to get a picture of that.

Mitch remarks that he really didn't pay much attention to the tour. Really?!? Shock. We all kinda wandered around and tweeted alot of OH's.

Tour is about done, we hang around to drink more free beer and decide what we are going to do next....

Stayed tuned for part 2 of Beer Club Field Trip. Next up: Neil's Wood

1 comment:

Mr. Shife said...

Ha. You said Wood.
I would definitely have to hit the beer tours in Milwaukee especially since my beer of choice comes from there, Miller High Life. Yes I know I could be classier but it is what I like and I am too old and stubborn too change. Have a good one.