Google

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beer Club Field Trip - Part Deux

When we last left our field trip gang, they were leaving the Milwaukee Brewing Co tour and trying to decide where to eat and go drink next.

We ended up eating at the Gyro Palace. A. It was right across the street and B. No waiting, like we would at Industri Cafe.

Sara, who had not eaten since like morning, was spewing out some great OH's left and right. I tried to go back thru my twitter feed to find them but no luck. I guess I should have written this post a couple of weeks ago already.

We decided that we were going to head up to Romans Pub for a few more drinks. Since Mitch and Sara were not in any shape to drive at that point, Neil and I fought an evil death match to see who they would ride with. Ok, so may it was more like I had the cell phone charger so they rode with me. Also Neil had some wood in the back of his truck so back seat seating would be cramped. I said that I would take them to Romans and Neil could take them back to their cars later.

We get to Romans and are decided what to drink. It is noticed that the Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron Ale is aged on wood.

Opaque black color, mocha, wood and dark fruit aromas, aged on the wood of the Paraguayan Palo Santo tree, sweet caramel malt layered with wood, fruit and roasted flavors. (12.0%)


Upon reading that, we ask Neil if his wood (in his truck) can make beer. Hilarity ensues and soon NeilsWood is born. Neil's Wood lives to hit people who ride in the back of Neil's truck in the head. If you don't already, follow him. For an inanimate object he sure is witty and saucy with the ladies. He always leaves me laughing.

Soon Jess and Frank joined us as well as Neil's dad and uncles. We were all just glad that Uncle Jim decided to keep his hip thrusting to himself.

After a few hours of great beer and even better conversation we hit the road.

Another successful beer club field trip is in the books.

ps. I know I'm missing stuff but, hey, it was almost two weeks ago. I forget things.

No comments: