Google

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Haunted


With the Halloween season approaching, I thought I'd write about scary movies.

Part of this post started with my watching Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel. The first episode I seen was where they went back to a place called Bobby Mackeys.  This was a place where several years ago they had some video "proof" of something they called a spirit.  They captured EVPs (Electronic Voice Phenomena ) telling these guys that they were not welcome and other weird stuff. In many cases if you closed your eyes and didn't see the words on your TV you could not make out anything but white noise. There were a couple that you could make stuff out.

I watched another episode last Friday. They went to the Stanley Hotel. The inspiration for Stephen King's "The Shining".   Here to the caught something in the background that looked like a person walking into the woods. I don't know. I'm not sure. Same thing with the EVPs. Not very clear.

Now I should back up and say that I'm not sure if I believe or not. I have never personally experienced anything paranormal but I can't say that it doesn't exist.  This thinking would also apply to my opinions on UFO and aliens. I think it is very naive to think we are the only intelligent life form out there.   I should also say that stuff like this I do not like to watch alone. I do freak out easily. 

Ok back to topic. I started to watch Paranormal Activity last weekend.  I say started.  I got about 25 minutes into it and had to stop. I was home alone and it was getting a bit to freaky for me.  I will try to watch the rest of it this week. I really only seen the first part of it when the door moved a little bit.  That was enough to freak me out.

On Saturday there is a Haunted Brewers tour. I'm not sure what it all entails but sounds like we meet at this bar and walk over to a cemetery and visit the graves of some of Milwaukee's founding brewing families.  It is supposed to be nice out and could be interesting.  I think I will bring my camera along to see if I can capture anything. 

No comments: