Google

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

MN Day 3

Since Blogger is unavailable right now, I have to type this up in Word and then copy it later.

Back at the hotel and having a cocktail (vodka/tonic#1).

Sitting in the atrium along with a variety of people. I find it very interesting the group of priests. There have to be about 15-20 of them soaking up the free cocktails. If you were having a priest convention don’t you think they would get to wear street clothes. Not their collars and smocky things. They are too far away for me to hear what they are talking about but they are quite jovial.

Another large group is also bank people. This hotel is a preferred place for the bank to stay when traveling here. It is about 10 minutes away from our business center and 20 from the operations center. Not sure who they are as most of them have southern accents. My guess is retail or student banking as there are major pods of people in Cincy in those divisions. No clue as to who any of them are.

Lots of business people as well. Since the airport is literally across the street it is easy access for them. Most of them look like me. Sitting alone with a drink and some pretzels with their laptops working away. Me I’m not working as my VPN is not compatible with the wireless service here or something crazy like that. Whatever it is, I don’t care. I’m not doing any kind of work. There are a couple people who are in my workshop who spent all day in that and are going right back to the room to work another 5-6 hours. Not me. I refuse to do that. First of all it will force the rest of my team to live without me for a week. Heaven forbid they have to think on their own for a change. We had some issues later this afternoon that I got on call pages for. Why, not a clue as I wasn't supposed to be on call this week.

(vodka/tonic#2-4)

Went for drink two at the bar and met a guy from my office here. I had seen him earlier in the day at our ops center and said hi. Didn't realize that he was staying here. He taught me the trick that you can get two drinks at a time so I did. Then you don't have to go back so often. We sat and chatted for about an hour. It is nice to get people away from the work setting and talk to them. I learned that he likes to hunt and makes his own venison sausage. I shared with him that my dad make alot of sausage as well. Will have to remember to bring him some to taste.

My battery died on the laptop. I went back up and ordered dinner. Not bad.

I turned on the TV. There was some stupid show with people dancing with their dogs. DUMB!!!!! I love my dogs and will, at times, pick them up and carry them around but never do I dance with them.

I'm now watching Super Nanny. WTF?!?! These parents are crazy. This is the reason we do not have kids. I can't even comment on this any more, it is that bad.

On another TV note. The Olympics are starting on Friday. I love this!! I am totally addicted to watching everything I can. For the winter games I had 2 DVRs going so I could record more stuff. It took me awhile to watch but it is so much fun to watch these people compete.

Well, heading back home tomorrow evening after the workshop wraps up. Not nuts about having to drive back but, I figure I should make it to the Dells before dark if I can get out right away. We are then leaving for camping on Friday morning. Can't wait. The weather looks good and the company is without question, fantastic.

Peace Out!!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Enjoy the Olympics for me, because I can't get them on my TV. I need to get a new TV (when money allows). I am glad things are going fairly well for you, and I still check your blog daily.

cosmopolgirl said...

Drink a coctail for me!!