Google

Friday, August 22, 2008

I Smell Bacon

It has been a few weeks since my last post. Lack of motivation and just no time.

I spent most of this week in another workshop. Once again it was interesting and I learned alot. I am hoping that I can go to at least one, if not both of the remaining ones coming up in the next few weeks. The new tool that we are moving to over the next year will be really cool. I can't wait to get into it more. (yeah, that is my inner geek talking)

I just came back in from taking the boys out to whiz. The air smelled wonderful. I live about mile from Patrick Cudahy. They make meat, more specifically, pork products. They must be smoking the meat as it smells like breakfast outside. The warm smell of ham.... mmmmm... too bad I went to a fish fry only a few hours ago and am not hungry.

Went to the dentist to have a crown put on. The dentist got all the prep work done and now I have a temporary one on. It feels weird. My gums are a bit swollen and my jaw still aches a bit. I go back in a couple of weeks to have the permanent one put in.

Found out last week that my dad has cancer. This sucks. It is in his mouth. He had, what he thought were just some canker sores that weren't healing. He went to the doctor and they did a biopsy and found the cancer. He went for some tests earlier this week and we should know more about what is happening and his options sometime next week. My dad is surprisingly taking this well. Now if my sister would get her head out of her ass.....

1 comment:

AletaR said...

I'll keep your dad in my prayers...