Google

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

They Come in Three's

July 30th must be a good day to die. They were dropping like flies.

I first heard that Tom Snyder died of leukemia. He was 71. He got his start here in Milwaukee. I remember watching his interview with Brett Favre after the Packers won the Super Bowl in '96. Tom was always a funny guy and very down to earth. I always found it interesting that they let him smoke on the set as long as they did. So not p.c.


Next came Bill Walsh. He too battled leukemia. I always thought he was a class act. Great football mind. His coaching 'family tree' touches almost every football team in the NFL.

Last but not least was Ingmar Bergman. One of the all time great directors. His style is a classic. Many try to copy him but few ever succeed.


On a lighter note.... On Friday, as I was getting into my truck, I closed the door and heard a pop. Could figure out what it was at first. Then I seen it... a crack in my windshield. DAMN!! As I drove home it got larger and now covers about a third of the windshield. I call the dealer to see if the windshield had any recalls or is under warranty. It was not. It is only a 3 years/36,000 mile warranty. I made the three years with time to spare but have over 47000 mile on the truck already. So I called around today and found a place to come and fix it. 280 bucks later.....

Hubby and I went to a new (to us) Mexican place for dinner on Friday. Hector's. It is on Delaware Ave in Bay View. StB recommended it to us, so we thought we would give it a try. We got there and ordered strawberry Margaritas. They were really good so we decided to get a pitcher. The food was excellent. We got the bill and was shocked to find that the pitcher was 27 bucks!! WTF!?! 27 bucks. For a pitcher of margaritas!?! We were a little shocked. Ok, alot shocked. I figured maybe 15-18 bucks... 20 tops... I will have to remember that for the next time we eat there.



ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather...

As a man, have hair implants that are totally obvious
----OR----
a toupee that is a bad match to your remaining hair??

I have to say the toupee. There is an older gentleman at work that has a bad toupee at work and you kinda have to feel sorry for him. I don't think he knows how goofy it looks.

1 comment:

Butch said...

As to your question, I say be like Bruce (and me)... neither!