Google

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Run, Run Away

Well, kids. It's that time. Time for Vegas, baby!

Way back in August, I signed up for this crazy little thing called a half marathon. Running 13.1 miles. Me. hmmm... Who would have guessed it??

After months of training. The time is finally here.

I think back of the milestones I have accomplished over the last few months.

Running 3 miles without stopping to walk.
Run/walking 10+ miles.

It seemed like every Sunday at our group runs, I was setting another personal best. You know how cool that was/is? Very.

When I first signed up, I thought that I would just walk the half marathon. But then I started training and realized that I can run. It certainly wasn't easy. That's for sure. But I guess, most things in life aren't easy. So a running, I went.

I looked forward to the Sunday runs where we would gather as a group and get to know a huge group of runners. There was always a silly question that we had to answer. I got to know a few things about some people that I really didn't need to know.

Wednesday runs were always just 5-6 of us and in the end only another girl and I. They were nice as you got to know people a little better and bond more. The Wednesday group did a great job of really pushing me, supporting me and not letting me quit when I wanted to. I like to think that I gave them the same support and pushed them.

As I write this, I think and wonder how just 4 short months ago, I set up a journey that has changed me. I like to think it changed me for the better.

2 comments:

AletaR said...

Good job Jo!

Kris said...

All I can say, is how proud of you I am!