Google

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Year in Review

As most people are doing this time of year, they are taking stock of their lives over the past year and setting goals for the upcoming year, I am doing the same.

Things I have done in a nutshell:
  • traveled to a foreign country
  • zip lined in the jungle and rappelled down a 120 meter waterfall
  • camped a whole lot - nothing new there
  • became a red head
  • signed up for online dating service
  • went to Vegas - twice
  • volunteered for two charity events - bike ride and beer run
  • raised a shit load of money for charity
  • made some new friends via Twitter and other social media outlets
  • took up running
  • completed my first (and not the last) half marathon
  • walked in a parade
I look at this list and I realize I did alot this past year. Many things I thought I would never do and a few things I do more frequently.I'm very proud of this list.

I know many people set new goals for themselves each year. I have a few as well. Some are private but some I will share.
  • complete a half marathon sub 3 hours
  • care less about my weight but focus on a more healthy overall lifestyle
  • join a book club
  • go back to school and finish my degree - this one seems the most scary to me
  • volunteer more with causes that mean something to me
  • be an awesome mentor to runners for Team Challenge
  • spend more time with my nieces. They need a good role model.
What are your goals for the new year? Can I help you accomplish them?

1 comment:

Kris said...

Sounds like you had an exciting and eventful year. I hope 2011 is even better.

*I like to get back down to a healthier weight for sure
*learn to be more content
*have more money saved
*find out where I belong

I am not quite sure I am going to get all those things fulfilled in one year.