Google

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

This past year has been a wild ride for me. Some ups but alot of downs. Even though the downs out numbered the ups this year, I have alot to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for my health. I'm in relatively good health. I try not to take my health for granted and do the things I'm supposed to. Exercise, eat sorta healthy, don't smoke. All the things the doctors tell you to do. I know that by doing these things my body will be stronger and hopefully last a long time.

I'm thankful for a good job. This job, while some days is putting up with people's BS, pays the bills, allows me to have a nice home I can call my own, a decent vehicle to drive and the random vacation and fun toys. I know many people who are either out of a job or in a job that they may not like but need it to pay the bills.

I'm thankful for my dogs. While they can be a handful and at times a bit out of control (ok, really that is only Boomer). They are the best listeners. They are also good foot warmers on a cold night.

I'm thankful for my family. Most of them anyways. They have offered me their love and support across the miles. For this I am grateful. I miss the ones who left this world this year alot. I hope they are in a better place.

I'm thankful for my friends. Without them, this past year would have been unbearable. They have been there through the good, the bad and the ugly this past year. They gave me the strength to move forward with my life when I wasn't sure I could. The fun times of camping this year. Giggling like school girls trying to stay up all night. Waiting for the bats to come home. A big hug when I needed it the most. I treasure each of you.

While life may hand you lemons, be thankful for those lemons. You can always make lemonade.

Take the time out today to remember what you are thankful for. I know I will.

~ Peace Out ~

1 comment:

AletaR said...

Hey you little lemon! I am thankful for you also!