Google

Monday, May 25, 2009

Fait Accompli

I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day. Thank you to all those who serve to protect our freedom.

The past few weeks have been busy. It seems like the weekends just fly by. I have been doing some remodeling in the house and now things are finally almost done. I had the hardwood floors refinished, painted the living room and hallway, stained and installed new molding in all the rooms, hung new window treatments. It is nice to have this almost done. I still have to find things to hang on the wall yet so that is what keeps me from being finished.

Saturday was indoor stuff. I finally took the sheets that were hanging in the windows down and hung new panels. Getting the old hardware out was a pain in the ass. The previous owners used some crazy ass metal screw thingys that were a pain to get out. I spackled the holes, sanded and touched up the paint a bit. Got the new hardware installed without issue and viola... new curtains were hung. I also put two of the cordless shades in the windows that face the neighbors driveway. They are nice cuz they let in light but offer privacy.

I went to Milaegers on Sunday and got some pepper and tomato plants and flowers. Once I got home and started planting I realized that I needed more planters. A quick trip to Kmart and I was back in business. Got the grass cut. Still pissed that I can't get the new weedwacker to work.

Went to watch the Brewer's games on Friday and Sunday nights. That was a mistake. The Twins are not supposed to be good but they sure walked all over the Brewer's. It was nice to see them bounce back in today's game.

Today was more outside stuff. I took down the storm windows. That was hard. They are freaking heavy. I got the windows washed. It is amazing how much brighter the rooms see when the windows are clean.

17 loads of laundry later and I'm ready to call it a weekend. My back and legs are tired from going up and down a ladder.

I feel really good that I got alot done this weekend. It really gives me a sense of pride that I can do so many things, on my own, that I never knew I could do.

No comments: