Google

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Ringing in the New Year

I'm glad that 2008 is over with. Time to put the year that was not very good behind me and move forward.

2008 seen alot of changes in my life. Some I planned for and many I did not. I don't want to reflect on the past year. You can read the archives if you want to see what has gone on.

I have learned that I am stronger than I ever knew I was. It has been a difficult path to learn (and I am still learning) this but in the end I will come out stronger.

I have learned that my friends mean the world to me. They have been there with the comforting word, the shoulder to lean on and hugs to keep me going. The occasional beer or ten also helped. Thank you for everything. I could not have gotten thru this past month without you guys.

Last evening was spent with afore mentioned good friends. Wine was drunk, food (no one will ever accuse this group of running out of food) eaten and good times were remembered. We had fun playing Scattergories and Farkle. Who knew that the word Farkle could be used in so many ways.

I look forward to the new year bringing many more wonderful camping trips, poker playing parties and spending time with good friends.

I hope that 2009 brings all of you, my friends, everything you desire and more.

Peace out.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Jo I wish you all the best for the new year, and may 2009 be a happier and healthier year for you. Know that your friends..both near and far are always there for you! *hugs*