Google

Monday, January 05, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Today was the first day for most people to be back at work. I went back to the office last week but didn't really work too hard as there was no one around.

Today that changed. Everyone who needed stuff done today bombarded our inbox. I got busy and before I knew it, it was time for lunch. Back to work and the day was done.

it was a bit awkward for people to see me who I literally have not seen in more than a month. Some knew that hubby had passed away and others not. They just knew I had been gone a long time. Everyone was really nice and offered kind words. It made going back easier.

I did find out that the guy who sits across from me had his own scary time for the past month. He and his wife adopted a little boy about 2 months ago. The first part of Dec, they got a letter saying that the birth mom (BM) now wanted the baby back. They were devastated. Turns out BM is a bit psycho and birth dad (BD) had dumped BM and she thought that she could get BD back if the baby was back in the picture. They found out last Friday that the adoption was all good and that the BM can not get the baby back. I was happy for them. He did say that they will no longer have any contact with her after she pulled that. I don't blame him. That is just pure psycho bitch....

I have been trying to spend the last couple of days just getting things organized in the house. The mess is making me crazy. I do not like clutter. It drives me up a wall. Tonight, I got most of my desk cleaned off. Filed stuff away for taxes, insurance papers, receipts... all that fun stuff. I ended up with a full paper bag of shredded bits for recycling. Damn near burned the shredder out. I will feel more settled once I can get the basement and spare room cleaned up. It just takes time. I have some stuff I want to sell on either ebay or Craigslist. If you know someone who can use a good set of Oneida flatware or a set of Chicago Cutlery knives, let me know.

Have a good week all. Peace out.

1 comment:

AletaR said...

I may be interested in the knives since all mine are dull. The man with all the tools does not have a sharpner.