Google

Thursday, December 25, 2008

What Else??

Merry Christmas to all my friends. I wish you peace and love.

It has been an interesting couple of days. Some good, some bad, and lots of it sad.

I continued a Christmas Eve tradition and went to dinner with P&K. Ever since they sold the bar, Hubby and I would go to dinner with them. It was always a nice time. We continued that last evening and went to Outback. Food was good and should have passed on the dessert, even tho' the raspberry cheesecake was yummy.

After dinner, I (and a bottle of Riesling) walked across the street to my neighbor's and some old friends. We played a couple of games. I had a really good time. It felt good to get out and talk and laugh again. Even if for a little while. It was such a nice evening spent with friends. I have not felt that good in a the past month.

Then came the phone call about 5:30 am. It is never good news when the phone rings at that time. My mom was having chest pains. She went into the ER right away. I got up and got the dogs moving and outside. Was at the hospital by about 7:00. She was in alot of discomfort. Her right arm felt funny and her jaw was really sore.

By about 10:30 am she was stable and sleeping so I took my two youngest nieces back to my house. I had to wrap presents yet and the kids were getting antsy. Around noon we went back to the farm. We ate a bit and opened presents. Somehow it just wasn't the same. I was tired and with the smoke in the house and it being so damn hot in there, I took the boys home about 4:30 pm.

Dad and sis went back up to the hospital later. Some of the test results had come back and her cardiac enzymes were all out of whack so they did a cardiac cath on her about 6:30 or so. The doctors put in two stents in where they did the bypass a few years ago. She also has another valve that is leaking. She is resting now and will be out of it most of the night.

Tomorrow she will be having a echo cardiogram done and some other tests that my sister couldn't remember the name of. Depending on the results, she may have more surgery tomorrow again.

My dad is taking this pretty hard. He is still weak from his chemo and radiation and the past few weeks have not been easy on him as well. I worry about him.

I am exhausted both physically and mentally. I have to go into work tomorrow to take care of some insurance stuff. I really just want to crawl into bed under the covers and come out in about 3 months.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Sending hugs and prayers your way hun!