Google

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Mom Update

I talked to my mom awhile ago. She came home from the hospital. They told her she could go home early this afternoon but by time they got all the paperwork and stuff together it was after 6:00pm.

She is feeling good. They sent her home with like 8 new meds and has to go back for bloodwork every couple of days due to one of the meds.

They did tell her that she needed to stop smoking, get more exercise and eat a low fat diet. She is going to have to go thru some cardiac rehab stuff.

One thing I am learning is that the body is a very delicate machine. If you upset the balance of one thing it can impact other areas. Take hubby... they listed the cause of his death as hypertension. One of the leading causes of hypertension is sleep apnea, which is triggered by him being overweight. If you lose weight, it puts less strain on the heart which in turn helps with the sleep apnea. I have started to be more careful with my eating choices lately. I have lost like 10 lbs in the past month. I need to get my ass in gear and start exercising more.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I am glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital. I understand the same problems, we have a history of obesity in my family. That obesity has resulted in a couple of deaths in my family, and my mother's diabetes. Hang in there girl! And congratulations on the 10lb weight loss!