Google

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

When we last left our heroine…

I had to send back my Crocs and get new ones in sizes that fit. I called their Customer Service area and had the most pleasant experience. She was able to send me a return postage label and get the new shoes ordered.

I got the new shoes and low and behold they did not fit. Ok, one pair fits pretty well but the Badger Crocs do not. My feet now hang over the back by ½ inch. Damn!! So back they go. The sizes run small is a 6-7 and the medium is 8-9. I really need a 7-8 sizing. Oh well.

My dad starts with his radiation and chemo treatments next week. He goes this week to the dentist and has to get some filings and a tooth pulled. I guess any teeth that are a bit suspect they need to take care of now before radiation as the jaw bones will be compromised afterwards. He also has to go and have some other testing done before the treatments start.

I’m going up to MN again for work next week. I’m excited about this one. This is the one workshop that I really wanted to be involved with. Just not looking forward to the 5 hour drive. The company is too cheap to pay for me to fly and then rent a car when I’m up there.

I have just finished reading one of the funniest books I have read in a long time. When I was reading it, I was laughing out loud. Hubby told me that if I was going to keep laughing like that I should go read somewhere else. I told him to go watch football somewhere else if it bothered him.

The book is ‘Bright Lights, Big Ass (A Self-Indulgent Surly Ex-Sorority Girl’s Guide to Why it Often Sucks in the City, or Who Are These Idiots and Why do They All Live Next Door to Me?)’ by Jen Lancaster. One of the funniest sections was where she is telling you about how here husband will no longer let her go grocery shopping by herself any longer. It seems that she came back from the store with three, yes 3 birthday cakes for dinner. Her reasoning… hey they had nuts on it so you had protein and she bought ice cream for dairy, isn’t that considered part of the food pyramid?? I was trying to read this section to hubby and I kid you not, I laughed for more than 15 minutes before I could get thru the ten sentences. I had tears just streaming down my face it was so funny. For those of you who know hubby will know why this is so funny for me. He has been known to eat an entire cake in one day. I have her other two books reserved at the library, I can’t wait to read them.

No comments: