Google

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the people who sponsored me in my efforts. With your help, I raised over 650 bucks. The Trek website doesn't reflect the donation I dropped off on Saturday morning but when it does, I'll make sure to link to it again.


Well, we survived the Trek100. We did the 32 mile route and clocked in at about 3 hours. That included stopping at the rest stops and waiting for K to pee. You would think that she and Arnie are related as often as they have to pee....

The ride was not too bad. A couple of tough hills but nothing that I couldn't handle. P had a rough start with having two flat tires within 15 minutes of each other. We got to know Jason, the Trek apparel/sag guy very well.


The weather started out a bit shaky as a few showers went thru the area before the ride started. We left about 8:30 or so to avoid the Lance mess. You know it was never good when you see all the news helicopters flying above. It was cloudy most of the ride until about the last 8-9 miles or so. Then it became really nice out. A quick shower went thru again after we got back to WCTC and were ready to eat lunch but that also passed quickly.


The afternoon was spent with good friends and co-workers enjoying the weather and the company. Oh yeah... can't forget the great Delafield Brewhaus beer. The Dock Light Lager was yummy.


Here is a picture of K and I at one of the rest stops.



Thanks again for your sponsor ship and if you want to still donate, you can do so until early July. Go to my previous post and click on the link.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Very cool stuff. Congrats on the raised cash and the ride.

Blonde said...

I think what you did for a good cause is wonderful! Congrats!!!!!

Kris said...

Congrats on a wonderful finish! I am so proud of you!