Google

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Great Campout

Another absolutely fantastic weekend of camping has passed. It was group camping weekend at Bong.

The weather was perfect.... sunny.... warm during the day... cool in the evening... and no bugs (except for the ones in J's hair).

It was a very relaxing weekend surrounded by wonderful friends. We missed one of the regulars, StB, who thought that it was more important to go to Vegas and play poker than to play with us.... We missed you. No one else could tend to the fire like you can and the cheese just wasn't the same.

On Saturday, K and I teamed up to kick everyone's butt, at least once, in washers. A game that K said she never played before. I don't think that people believed her. At one point we played Ken and I forget who else and beat them by throwing3 times each. If I recall, K's first round was 6, my first round was 3, K had 6 in the 2nd round and I had 6 more to win the game. The guys didn't know what hit them. Blue UV and Mountain dew and wine will make you into awesome washers players.

After the fun and games, A, K, B and I went to the theater area to see a K-9 Search and Rescue demonstration. It was really interesting. The dogs were really great as well. The blue doberman was such a sweety.

When we returned, the guys had started preparing dinner. I have to give hubby credit. He can make diced potatoes rather well. A, on the other hand, made the weekend mascot. Mr Potato Head. He spent the rest of the weekend drinking Hamms and Jack, eating Pringles and Spam and tending to the fire. Kinda like an StB substitute. Except Mr. Potato Head didn't answer every trivia question with "My Balls!"



Mr. Potato Head relaxing

And for those of you who may remember last year's group camp, 'No, I did not come home with a new puppy'. It was 1 year ago since we adopted Boomer from the group camp last year. It has been a fun year with him and I thank God every day that we rescued him from the life he was in and now lives a life of leisure.

One of the best parts was that by time we got home, my dad had finished installing the flooring in our bedroom. We now have new hardwood floors in the living room, hallway and our bedroom. I just have to finish up staining the doors, putting all my clothes back in the closet and getting the bed put back together. Next room will be the family room. That won't be until fall sometime so we can save up some cash. Have to remember to make sure Dad get a really nice Father's Day gift this year. He did a fantastic job.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather...

As a man, accidentally lose control of your bowels during a prostrate examination

----OR----

get an erection during a hernia check?

Going with the erection. I would think that would happen fairly frequently. Also less messy to clean up.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Glad that you had such a great time... and I would take the erection every time.

D

cosmopolgirl said...

Your camping trips always sound like so much fun.

Is there anyone who would take the bowels??? ick!!

OMW said...

SPAM!?! You guys have Spam at camp? I am so jealous!!!!